Saturday 12th May 2018 from 2-10pm at Quex Park, Birchington
We are a group of parents of disabled children and adults who are trying to put on a Music Festival for people with disabilities living in Kent.
We aim for it to be as close to other Music Festivals as possible, but with some additional elements that will help make it more suitable and be fully inclusive to all. This will include a quiet/chill zone with sensory lights and sounds, a changing places suite, qualified staff to help assist and a karaoke tent!
You must be enthusiastic about helping disabled children and adults and, as part of a team, help ensure their needs are met.
You must be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative and be available throughout the day of the event.
This is a voluntary role and, as we have to find funding for everything we need, we will be unable to pay out of pocket expenses such as travel or phone calls, however, we expect these can be kept to a minimum.
- You will play a key role in the recruiting, coordinating and managing of the Festival Volunteer Team during the Festival
- Act as the first point of contact for all enquiries regarding volunteering and allocate each volunteer to appropriate roles, according to their areas of expertise
- Prior to the Festival you will advertise, recruit and vet (including DBS and references), support and manage all volunteers as required
- You will develop you own sub-team of leaders based on key areas (such as Car Parking/Road Marshalls, Stage, Artists, Non-Stage Entertainment and Festival Makers), creating Job Descriptions for each role
- During the Festival you will manage the volunteers with the support of your sub-team, ensuring all shifts and rotas are adhered to, making sure absences are covered and Volunteers are cared for
- You will be responsible for briefing the Festival Volunteer Team about the programme, audience experience and health & safety procedures of the venue
- Send fortnightly e-mail updates to the Event Organisers (which we expect will increase nearer the time), and attend occasional meetings if and when required although we hope to manage via e-mail/telephone calls as much as possible
Please note: This role can be shared.
If you are interested in applying, please send an e-mail to Carrie Wood at Carrie@festability.co.uk giving a brief description (maximum 500 words) about why you feel you would be suitable for this role including any previous experience.
Closing date for applicants Friday 15th September