This post is now filled
Saturday 12th May 2018 from 2-10pm at Quex Park, Birchington
We are a group of parents of disabled children and adults who are trying to put on a Music Festival for people with disabilities living in Kent.
We aim for it to be as close to other Music Festivals as possible, but with some additional elements that will help make it more suitable and be fully inclusive to all. This will include a quiet/chill zone with sensory lights and sounds, a changing places suite, qualified staff to help assist and a karaoke tent!
You must be enthusiastic about helping disabled children and adults and, as part of a team, help ensure their needs are met.
You must be well organised, friendly and approachable and prepared to take a hands-on approach.
You will have an understanding of fundraising and have excellent communication skills required to build relationships with potential donors.
You must be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative and be available throughout the day of the event.
This is a voluntary role and, as we have to find funding for everything we need, we will be unable to pay out of pocket expenses such as travel or phone calls, however, we expect these can be kept to a minimum.
- Working with the committee to help identify key areas where funding is required
- Identify possible sources of funding from suggestions in group, plus funding searches
- Write tailored applications, addressing grant-making priorities or requirements as specified by individual trusts and foundations
- Identify and approach corporate prospects, securing financial contributions
- Contribute new ideas for fundraising activities
- Represent the Festival to members of the public and supporters
- Act as the main point of contact for our sponsors during events
- Collate case studies, photographs and information from the day for use in future publicity
- Send fortnightly e-mail updates to the Event Organisers (which we expect will increase nearer the time), and attend occasional meetings if and when required although we hope to manage via e-mail/telephone calls as much as possible
Please note: This role can be shared.
If you are interested in applying, please send an e-mail to Carrie Wood at Carrie@festability.co.uk giving a brief description (maximum 500 words) about why you feel you would be suitable for this role including any previous experience.
Closing date for applicants Monday 21st August