Saturday 12th May 2018 from 2-10pm at Quex Park, Birchington
We are a group of parents of disabled children and adults who are trying to put on a Music Festival for people with disability living in Kent.
We aim for it to be as close to other Music Festivals as possible, but with some additional elements that will help make it more suitable and be fully inclusive to all. This will include a quiet/chill zone with sensory lights and sounds, a changing places suite, qualified staff to help assist and a karaoke tent!
You must be enthusiastic about helping disabled children and adults and, as part of a team, help ensure their needs are met.
You must be well organised, friendly and approachable and be prepared to take a hands-on approach.
You must be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative and be available throughout the day of the event.
This is a voluntary role and, as we have to find funding for everything we need, we will be unable to pay out of pocket expenses such as travel or phone calls, however, we expect these can be kept to a minimum.
- You will act as named first point of contact for all enquiries regarding services and facilities
- Be responsible for the organisation of all non-entertainment services including trade stalls, toilets, first aid, information points, signage, catering/refreshments, litter etc
- Contact services to invite them to participate in the festival and manage all enquires relating to this
- Receive and process applications and inform services regarding their acceptance or non-acceptance as participants at the Festival
- Ensure all services are fully inclusive for all disabilities and special needs
- Working with the committee, help specify a location for each service and ensure that this is managed on the day
- Prepare an information letter to be handed out to all services confirming the Festival rules, facilities, parking, security etc
- Be on site early to direct services to their sites, ensuring they arrive early, in order to be ready and ensure any on-site vehicles are removed or in place
- Check each service has relevant licences and certificates such as Food Hygiene, Insurance, DBS.
- Periodically check on services ensuring there are no problems.
- Send fortnightly e-mail updates to the Event Organisers (which we expect will increase nearer the time), and attend occasional meetings if and when required although we hope to manage via e-mail/telephone calls as much as possible
Please note: This role can be shared.
If you are interested in applying, please send an e-mail to Carrie Wood at Carrie@festability.co.uk giving a brief description (maximum 500 words) about why you feel you would be suitable for this role including any previous experience.
Closing date for applicants Friday 15th September