Saturday 12th May 2018 from 2-10pm at Quex Park, Birchington
We are a group of parents of disabled children and adults who are trying to put on a Music Festival for people with disabilities living in Kent.
We aim for it to be as close to other Music Festivals as possible, but with some additional elements that will help make it more suitable and be fully inclusive to all. This will include a quiet/chill zone with sensory lights and sounds, a changing places suite, qualified staff to help assist and a karaoke tent!
You must be enthusiastic about helping disabled children and adults and, as part of a team, help ensure their needs are met.
You must be well organised, friendly and approachable and prepared to take a hands-on approach.
An understanding of all aspects of the technical requirements of a Festival including staging, lighting, power etc.
You must be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative and be available throughout the day of the event.
This is a voluntary role and, as we have to find funding for everything we need, we will be unable to pay out of pocket expenses such as travel or phone calls, however, we expect these can be kept to a minimum.
- Act as named first point of contact for all enquiries regarding technical resources and equipment
- To identify technical requirements by using suggestions in the group plus researching other suppliers
- To negotiate any associated costs, ensuring this is communicated with the Event Organisers before committing to any expenditure
- Manage the contacting and contracting of all Festival participants and artists including detailed negotiation of all requirements and technical specifications.
- Ensure that artists requirements are met
- Responsible for liaising with the venue and ensure that any relevant technical requirements are considered
- Periodically check on services ensuring there are no problems.
- To assist with planning, sourcing, setting up and installation of technical equipment as required
- To be aware of, and comply with, the rules and legislation pertaining to Health and Safety.
- Send fortnightly e-mail updates to the Event Organisers (which we expect will increase nearer the time), and attend occasional meetings if and when required although we hope to manage via e-mail/telephone calls as much as possible
Please note: This role can be shared.
If you are interested in applying, please send an e-mail to Carrie Wood at Carrie@festability.co.uk giving a brief description (maximum 500 words) about why you feel you would be suitable for this role including any previous experience.
Closing date for applicants Friday 15th September