This post is now filled
Saturday 12th May 2018 from 2-10pm at Quex Park, Birchington
We are a group of parents of disabled children and adults who are trying to put on a Music Festival for people with disabilities living in Kent.
We aim for it to be as close to other Music Festivals as possible, but with some additional elements that will help make it more suitable and be fully inclusive to all. This will include a quiet/chill zone with sensory lights and sounds, a changing places suite, qualified staff to help assist and a karaoke tent!
You will have an understanding of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations, knowledge of book keeping and financial management and good financial analysis skills.
You must be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
This is a voluntary role and, as we have to find funding for everything we need, we will be unable to pay out of pocket expenses such as travel or phone calls, however, we expect these can be kept to a minimum.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the committee and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns
- Liaise with relevant committee members to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie: Cheque signatories, Purchasing limits, Purchasing systems, Petty cash/ float
- Send fortnightly e-mail updates to the Event Organisers (which we expect will increase nearer the time), and attend occasional meetings if and when required although we hope to manage via e-mail/telephone calls as much as possible
If you are interested in applying, please send an e-mail to Carrie Wood at Carrie@festability.co.uk giving a brief description (maximum 500 words) about why you feel you would be suitable for this role including any previous experience.
Closing date for applicants Monday 21st August