Festability is an accessible and inclusive live music festival, held in Kent, which was created by a group of parents with family members who have disabilities.
Our aim is to deliver an outdoor music festival that is as inclusive as possible, where everyone can be theirselves and we are committed to making sure everyone’s experience is an enjoyable one.
Festability is run by Festability CIC (Community Interest Company), a social enterprise which exists to benefit the community.
Since 2018, we have been holding Festability at Quex Park in Kent. The address is Quex Park, Park Ln, Birchington CT7 0BH
Please use B2050 Manston Road, Birchington for your sat-nav or ///mural.retrain.transcribes
From London take the M2, or from Canterbury the A28, and follow the signs for Margate and then to Birchington. We do not use the main entrance to Quex Park. Festability's car park is accessed via Manston Road.
The journey from London Victoria to Birchington-on-Sea, takes around 1 hour 45 minutes. The pleasant 1-mile walk along Station Road and Park Lane takes about 20 minutes, although taxis are available. The high speed train from St Pancras to Margate takes 1 hour 20 minutes.
Thanet’s number 8 bus stops at Birchington Square.
Every year we also put on a regular shuttle service for those travelling by train. Please keep checking back on our website and social media for announcements on this.
- Car parking is onsite within the field so no bay or space restrictions.
- Marshalls will be on hand for you where necessary to provide assistance from car to entrance.
- Accessible portable toilets with adult-sized changing beds and hoist facilities (Mobiloos and larger numbers of portaloos per guests than your typical festival).
- Baby changing facilities.
- BSL signers for some performances as well as Makaton signing volunteers.
- Quiet Zone, which we recommend as sensory or chillout zones.
- Large speakers at ground level (for our deaf and blind guests).
- Chaperones available for supporting guests for toilet breaks.
- All refreshment providers are briefed on making their menus accessible and have been asked to ensure their staff have some disability awareness to assist people with their food ordering.
- All of our friendly staff and volunteers are briefed on disability awareness and inclusivity.
- We welcome assistance dogs such as Hearing Dogs, Canine Partners, Dogs for the Disabled and Guide Dogs. If you do bring your canine partner, please make sure they have some form of hi-vis jacket to make it clear they are an assistance dog.
We do not allow our performers to use strobe lighting on the stage.
We do! Merchandise can be bought on the day or via our ticketing site, then collected on the day with your receipt. Please follow social media to find out when merchandise goes on sale!
Tickets are on sale on Ticket Tailor, which you can find links to on our homepage.
We do have discounts for Early Bird sales, so grab yourself a deal and get your tickets early!
Tickets will be emailed to you after purchase. You can either bring these printed out, or show the entry team a copy of your email confirmation on the day (on your phone is fine!).
Lost the email with e-tickets? Don’t panic if your phone decides to play silly games, we do have a list of everyone who has purchased tickets so we can find your name and details on the day.
We do not allow pets in Festability. This is due to the anxiety they can cause some of our guests.
However, should you have an assistance dog of any kind, please feel free to bring them along. They must be wearing some form of hi-vis, lead or clothing to identify them as such and they must remain on a lead at all times. Obviously you will also be responsible for cleaning up after them. We provide water bowls around the field for these guests.
We hope we can offer you great value for your tickets! We have a number of free and inclusive activities and workshops that are run throughout the day. Details will be confirmed in the lead up to the event. In previous years, these have included a silent disco, karaoke, a huge Scalextric track, VR experiences, drumming workshops, DJ lessons, messy-play, inclusive and adapted sports, and we're always looking to put on more! Free water is also available on site.
Your ticket does not include food and refreshments, Festability merchandise (unless you pre-reserved this with your tickets), face-painters and fairground rides.
We offer a wide range of food stalls so we hope you'll find something you'll enjoy on the day!
Most of our food stalls will offer a vegan and gluten free option. If it isn’t obvious from their menu, just ask and the vendors will be more than happy to help you make the right choice for you.
If your food needs blending, let a volunteer know (someone in a hi-vis jacket) as someone can assist.
The cost of food and drink at the food stalls is not included in the cost of your ticket. Vendors will accept cash and card payments.
We also have the lovely Rent-a-Bar team providing hot and cold drinks, including soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. The bar can be found in the central marquee and also offers seating and some of the interactive activities.
The cost of drinks at the bar is not included in the cost of your ticket. You pay Rent-a-Bar direct and they take cash or card payments.